Sunday, December 29, 2013

Announcement!

First, I have to start by explaining why I quit blogging.  Initially I decided to write a big, long, insulting post about the douche that verbally assaulted me, but then I decided to forgive him.  Hahahaha!  Just kidding, he’s a moron, and I honestly don’t feel like writing about it so I’ll just tell you a drunk, fat, douche screamed at me for my blog, because he apparently doesn’t have a whole lot going on in his life.

Now, on to better things and my announcement.

I’m moving again.  Effffffffffffff.  Yep, it’s true.  On Thanksgiving eve, my sister Jessica, husband Adam, and I were at our sister Trista’s house drinking Mimosa’s and eating homemade donuts.  Basically the healthiest breakfast we’ve ever eaten. We were all hanging out and having a grand ole time, well probably not Adam, but that’s not my fault.  My sister lives in the middle of nowhere.  It’s peaceful, quiet and cell service is spotty at best.  In fact, the only place you can get consistent service is in the middle of the kitchen.  So, when Adam’s phone rang he was forced to stand in front of us.  Yay!  Free entertainment!  Then I heard him mumble, “Hey Craig, I’m good.”  I actually felt time stop, I knew what that meant; a move was on the horizon.  I immediately hushed my sisters and filled them in. 

Adam absolutely detests telling me we have to move because, according to him, I don’t take the news well.  Pfft, whatever. I take it just fine.   Adam getting the news and being forced to deliver it to me in front of my sisters is basically his worst nightmare. So there I sat, eavesdropping on his conversation, practically chugging my mimosa. Jessica rubbed my leg murmmered, “It’s going to be ok,” and Trista, with arms crossed, stared down Adam with the evilest of look I’ve ever seen in my life.  When he got off the phone he broke the news.  In an all too enthusiastic voice he declared that we were moving to Maryland. 

Maryland.  I just knew this would happen.  I love being in Denver.  It’s so beautiful and it’s only 9 hours from my hometown.  I love having the freedom to hop in the car and just drive to see my family whenever I feel like it.  I was really upset, and Adam tried to comfort me, but it was hard because I was saying things like, “You’re the devil!  You’re ruining my life.  I’m not moving, good luck even getting me to drive back to Colorado with you.  The dogs hate the humidity!  Haven’t you even thought about how it would affect them?  Did you even ask them if they wanted to move?!?”  With the mention of the dogs he decided he needed to let them out and promptly left.  I decided I needed to go for a run so I borrowed all the gear I needed from Trista and left for a run.   About 2 steps into the run I was crying, not just crying, but hysterically crying.  Partially because I was so upset, and partially because the 45-mph sustained winds were making my eyes water.  South Dakota is a very windy state, but this was ridiculous. I’m fairly certain that I was actually airborne after a particularly violent updraft.  It was one of those winds that you couldn’t get behind because it was constantly shifting. I’m sure I looked really hot running, crying, mascara streaming all over my face, and dirt sticking to my tears before the wind dried it in place.   

When I returned to the house, Trista took one look at me, started laughing and said, “What the hell happened to you? Windy out there?”  Not, “Are you ok?” or “Do you feel better.”   Nope, she went immediately to the insults.  And I love her for that.

I wish I had a happy ending to write, but I don’t.  Although, I really shouldn’t complain.  For 30 months Adam and I lived apart because he was on smaller jobs that didn’t require a move.  For 30 consecutive months he was only home on the weekends.  That sucked, a lot.  When I look at it that way, I am really happy about the move.  For the record, our next house WILL have a fence…and possibly a pool.  Yes, I think I shall demand a pool, because I can’t make this move too easy on Adam. 


P.S. I know most people will be asking me if we are ever going to stop moving.  The answer is NO.  Stop asking, it’s a touchy subject.  His job requires us to move because once a road or bridge is built (or power plant is converted, which is what he’s done the last two job’s) it’s time to move on.

This is me saying goodbye to Kentucky mere moments before we left.  It was a pretty great moment of me.  

2 comments:

  1. I remember that bitter-sweet feeling of "The Call." Sad to say goodbye to friends, and excited about new adventures. I don't know how we got through it. Especially when the kids came. But I know this much, being together is always best.
    Congrats on your new adventure! It will be great! East Coast, baby!! maybe we can meet in NYC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany, I'm so bummed to move again, because I'm certain that the movers break my stuff on purpose! It's funny you mention meeting up! That was the first thing I said to Adam, I was all, "At least I can go day drink with Tiffany on the weekends." Haha!

      Delete